Monday, September 15, 2008

Advice

I received some advice this evening in a letter. I thought I would share it.

"Since you have chosen a life in religion I would wish only that you remember that God judges, you don't. If you can accept people for what they are, and let God worry about their faith, and their beliefs you will be a happier person. And try to not hold grudges, both of your grandmothers were very unhappy, one reason was their absolute inability to let stuff go, to just start over with people or situations and try again, If there is any pit you might fall into, that is it. Forgive, try again, move on."

This letter also had a statement that caught me off guard.

"First off, I am proud of the way you have decided to live your life. I feel like I have contributed something to the world that is good and not bad. If you get to almost 60 and see it that way, you will be blessed. Many Don't."

The final statement that I will share of this letter:

"Don't forget, we are survivors. Your dad taught you how to hang out and find friends. I taught you to work and to survive. You got the best of both worlds."

I think my mom had a lucid moment and actually just like said she was proud of me and complimented how I live my life. She even gave me advice about forgiveness. She has done none of these things for at least 20 years.

I'm thinking her letter makes up for sleeping through my 40th birthday.

4 comments:

Stonefox said...

Wow. Wow. That's all I can say.

Roger Garrett said...

powerful

Vikki said...

I think I would keel over if I got a letter like that from my dad. It's amazing that someone who (it appears) does not have a relationship with the Lord, can have such a clear understanding of how we should live our lives as Christians. Receive it girl!

Beloved of the Lord said...

My mom does not know the Lord yet, and it's always a blessing when she says something that shows me that she sees Christ in me!
Praise God for the little things and the big things!