Wednesday, February 27, 2008

JOY - What are you feeling today?

I am full of joy today! I woke up singing! It is a glorious day and it is suppose to be warm. I am happy.

Have you noticed that when you are happy that people always want to know “Why are you so happy?” Doesn’t that seem like a weird question? I think that it is amazing that a lot of people will question why you are happy before they will question why you are grumpy, tired or mad.

I was talking to a friend this morning and she asked me “What are you so happy about?” The only response that I had was “I don’t need a reason to be happy, I need a reason to not be happy.” As you may have read in previous posts, I probably have a good reason to not be happy. But I wake up in the morning and make the choice to be happy. Yes, it is a conscious choice. It has to be or the enemy will get a foothold on my emotions and I will sink into depths of despair. Please don’t think me perfect. I have days where I climb on my pity pot and I am quite comfortable on it. But thankfully the Lord knocks me off it and reminds me that I could have been born a woman in Iraq. Man all of a sudden life is great!

So here are some verses for today

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song. - Psalm 28:7

Shout with joy to God, all the earth! –Psalm 66:1

But may the righteous be glad and rejoice before God; may they be happy and joyful. –Psalm 68:3

Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. –Psalm 90:14

"Rejoice in that day and leap for joy, because great is your reward in heaven. For that is how their fathers treated the prophets -Luke 6:23

I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. -John 15:11

And the disciples were filled with joy and with the Holy Spirit. –Acts 13:52


Be joyful always; -1 Thessalonians 5:16

Here is a definition of Joy

JOY
Intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness.

Have you felt JOY lately? I am rejoicing that I didn’t have to choose it today…It was just there in me when I woke up.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR PRAYERS AND WELL WISHES!!!
Love to all and God Bless!

4 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

And JOY is contagious!! Thanks for spreading yours!

Roger Garrett said...

That is great Theresa. It is funny that I don;t feel like I have blind faith but I live in the "joy" most of the time. Makes everything better

Kim Heinecke said...

Makes you want to sing that childhood song... "I've got the joy, joy, joy, joy down in my heart (where?) down in my heart (where?) down in my heart..."

...you know the one.

:)

Natalie Witcher said...

It is interesting that we'll say "what are you so happy about?" but not "what are you so mediocre about?" :) Thanks for the reminder to choose happiness and joy.