Thursday, February 21, 2008

Kids Listen?


This is a text message that I got from my beautiful daughter Hope yesterday. It broke my heart.

"Mom u no wat scares me the most! Wel u always say u feel bad wel i am scared that u wil always feel bad and never get better. And i wont hav my fun, loving, healthy mommy. It makes me worry bout u!"

I can't tell her that I will be healthy again but I don't want to tell her I won't. Instead I told her that the Doctors are trying to figure out why I am so tired all the time and that no matter what happens I Love Her. Hope, in all of her 12 year old wisdom, looked at me and said "Well Mom it is like you always say, It is God's will not yours."

It was kind of nice to know that she listens to me sometimes. :) Kids really are a blessing and gift from our Heavenly Father.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That encourages me so much. You've no idea.

Roger Garrett said...

My kids remember so well they they will hold me to promises I amde 3 years ago about giving them ice cream if they clean the yard. But it is always nicer to have them remember the important stuff. God bless you and your health and I am glad I could put a smile on your face today.

Anonymous said...

I'm still praying for you, Theresa. Kids love us a lot more than they let on. When they let it show ... it's better than any aha moment. Gosh, I hope you got your thyroid checked. I'll keep praying. Please let me know when you're better. I know you will be.

Heidi said...

Wow.. this text message was inspiring and from a 12 yr old.
Sounds like God was talking thru her huh? I'm praying that you are walking in pure health, pure health from Him.