Thursday, February 28, 2008

Hebrews 10:24

This morning I was sitting in bed. It was about 5am and I was reading my Bible when Hebrews 10:24 caught my eye. It was one of those moments where if I had a light bulb over my head it would have exploded from all the energy.

I remembered a post on Deleise’s (She has awesome recipes, great kid stories and awesome opinions about Our Heavenly Father) Blog about a bible study she was doing where you read the Bible “until God speaks to you, then stop and spend time figuring out what it means to you” .

God not only Spoke to me, He yelled, Hebrews 10:24. Here it is in 6 different translations.

And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. - NIV

Let's see how inventive we can be in encouraging love and helping out, not avoiding worshiping together as some do but spurring each other on, -The Message

and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds, -NASB

Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. –NLT

And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, -NKJV

Let us help each other to love others and to do good. –New Life Version

The basic gist is that we need to:
Spur One Another On
Encourage
Stimulate
Motivate
Stir Up
Help Each Other

So that we can all Love and do Good TOGETHER.

We aren’t alone in our service with our Heavenly Father. We are suppose to be TOGETHER with each other.

I hate to admit it but as Deleise stated in her blog, "stop and spend time figuring out what it means to you”, I found myself lacking and self absorbed.

When was last time I motivated, encouraged or spurred another on?

When was the last time you did? How did you motivate the person? OR Did they motivate you?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't sell yourself short, my friend. You've encouraged me plenty by your comments :)

Roger Garrett said...

Cindy said it all Theresa you rock with your posts. I gave you some mad blog love on Bigisthenewsmall today.

Kim Heinecke said...

I get a lot of encouragement reading everyone's blogs and seeing how God is working in all of our lives. Spur on, sister!

Natalie Witcher said...

Ditto to all! I love encouraging others through my own blog. It's a great outlet for a stay at home mom!

deleise said...

I agree with everyone, Theresa! You are a great encourager! I love how you looked your verse up in several different translations, what a great way to figure it out.

Heidi said...

Encouragement is YOUR calling.
I think thats why we spend time on these blogs, to encourage each other, to help build up, and point in the direction of Jesus.

You have done that in my life!!!

love ya!!

Robin Meadows said...

Isn't the body of Christ just awesome! Thanks for "spurning" me!!