Sunday, June 22, 2008

He is Preparing a Place

Most of you that read my blog read Cindy Beall’s. I was led to Cindy through a post about her on Flowerdust. I would read her posts and then read the comments left and then I would click on their names and read their blogs. That continued until I have compiled quite a list that goes from the East Coast to the West Coast and even a few in Canada, HI HOPE and VIKKI!!!!! One of the commenter that I found on Cindy’s blog is Sarah Markley. I have really just been lurking for a while but this last week I started to make my presence known to her a little. Cindy, you better warn her about me. I am a cling on. Actually that isn’t totally true. I only Stalk one person at a time. LOL

Lately I have had a craving. Not a food craving, but a craving to be somewhere other than where I am. Maybe craving isn’t the right word for it. I have been experiencing homesickness. I have been missing the ocean something awful. Sarah and her beautiful family have spent this last week in my hometown region. Sarah took some beautiful pictures that are so amazing that when I look at them I can literally smell the beach.

In John 14 Jesus says that his Father’s house has many rooms and that he is going to prepare a place for us. What do you imagine your room to be like? Do you think that your views will be similar to the places you loved here on earth? Is heaven so beautiful that our memories of the beauty here will pale in comparison?

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am. - John 14:1-33

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, if my room could look like the pictures that Sarah took, I'd be good to go! Love the ocean.

And seriously, you can stalk more than one person at a time. You aren't THAT busy.

deleise said...

It will pale. It will completely pale.

Heidi said...

Girl!!! California Girl!!!

Just drive a little and SEE and taste and smell the ocean baby!!!

Your "side" of the ocean is alot prettier than mine here in SD.

Love ya!!!!

Roger Garrett said...

you are stiff closer to the beach than all of us Okies

Anonymous said...

Oh Jesus, take me away, or at least as far as California! I need beach warmth. It's been raining here for about 2 weeks ... errrrrrgh!

Vikki said...

I think Hope & I not only both live in Canada, but in the same city! Maybe she wants to help me with the ark we're building