Monday, June 16, 2008

Solitude

I am not sure how it happened but I acheived 4 hours of solitude Saturday evening. I felt like the little guy on the top of the mountain. Of course the only way I would ever get up there would be by helicopter. The amazing thing about this time alone was that it hasn't been very long since the last time I was alone. I never get it twice in a year, this has been twice in 6 months. I am so blessed!

The guys left for a basketball tournament at 10. Hope and I went shopping. we had to get her the perfect pool party invitations which of course had to include a new bathing suit. Then at 4 her friend came and got her. They went to the fair. My father in law was still here but he is an adult with a drivers license and at the moment is capable of taking care of himself. I literally came into my room and sat on my bed slightly shell shocked. Sometimes it is hard to get use to the silence.

For the last few weeks I have been attending our Saturday Night service at church so I went to that. The rest of the time I did absolutely nothing except sit in silence and read my bibles. It was wonderful. I love it when I can have a couple translations and can compare verses.

It was such a great evening I almost feel guilty for not feeling guilty. Hope spent the night with her friend. I was pretty much in bed at 10:30 when the guys got home.

So I guess you can say I was Seeking Peace and Pursuing It.

And let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts. For as members of one body you are called to live in peace. And always be thankful. Colossians 3:15

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you!!!

deleise said...

That sounds wonderful. I'm sure God is so happy you chose to spend your time with him!

Roger Garrett said...

Man that sounds good

Kim Heinecke said...

I.love.alone.time.

:)

Susan said...

I rarely get time alone as well and I love it as well. I am glad to hear that your time was well spent.

Natalie Witcher said...

LOVE IT!

Sarah Markley said...

Hi Theresa! Thank you for commenting on my blog. How neat that you have a Hope too! =) Mine is 6 and full of spunk. Your words were sweet!