Saturday, April 5, 2008

HMMM...What to do?

I find myself in a position that I am rarely in. I have 5 hours of total alone time. Five whole hours to do nothing. Five whole hours of not having to answer Mommy/Wife questions. The last time this happened was over a year ago. So I'm not really sure what to do with myself.

My daughter left for Disneyland on Thursday. She comes home tomorrow night. She went with the school band. They are marching in a parade down Main Street. She is so excited and has text messaged me endlessly about this ride and that ride. She has also purchased a hat that has Zac Ephron on it. That is "Just SOOOO WAY COOOOL".

My son plays AAU basketball. So Craig took him to Chico for a tournament. I normally go to the tournaments. I absolutely love them. But I have traveled way to much this week and decided that I wouldn't go today. They took second place last week in Sacramento which is about 3 hours south of us. Then on Wednesday I left for San Jose, about 4 1/2 hours south, for the Bon Jovi Concert. Which by the way was absolutely wonderful. So I am a little tuckered out.

SO that leaves me with 5 hours of no responsibility. What to do What to do. Do you find that when you have those rare times alone that you almost feel obligated to do something. It is almost like you are wasting an opportunity to grocery shop alone or get a pedicure, etc. I love the solitude of loneliness. Being raised as an only child I am very comfortable with my own company.

I have decided that I really want french toast. So I am going to go to breakfast, take the top off my car and go for a drive, listen to loud music and worship my Savior with all of my heart.

What would you do with 5 hours of alone time?


UPDATE......I ate a great breakfast, went to the meat market and then decided to get my nails done. I actually get them done regularly but due to Bon Jovi I had missed my appointment. I did finish my alone time off with a drive and alot of singing. The guys are home and my alone time is over. The only thing that would make it better is if my peanut was back from Disneyland. I sure do miss them all when they are gone!

5 comments:

deleise said...

Glad you had some time to refresh. I would probably end up on the computer guilt-free or shopping.

Or wondering when everyone was going to get back.

Anonymous said...

Now Theresa, don't get jealous but I'm not married and my 16 year-old son is never around. I sure remember the old days though - both boys at home ... OY! So important to enjoy every stage of life. Gorgeous nails by the way.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I'm kinda like that, too. When I get unexpected alone time, I don't know what to do.

Nice nails :)

Kim Heinecke said...

5...hours...alone...
I'm tearing up just thinking about it! :)

Hour 1: nap
Hour 2: write something
Hour 3: eat something (for a full hour, yes)
Hour 4: shop
Hour 5: read something

Roger Garrett said...

Alone time what is that. Sounds nice maybe I should try it