Friday, April 11, 2008

The Sundial Bridge

Happy Friday!

The forcast for the weekend is awesome. I love it when the temps are in the upper 70's and 80's. As you will all hear me talk about later in the summer I am not all that excited about the 100's. Quite a bit of summer is that HOT.

I think that I am going to try and introduce Redding to those of you who have never been here. There are some really beautiful things about this area. Redding is about 3 hours north of Sacramento and 2 hours south of the Oregon Border. Robin has a friend that lives here named Linda. They go on cruises together. (I am hoping to show you things that Linda may not have.)


Here are pictures of the Sundial Bridge. Click on the link to learn about all the facts about it. It is a gorgeous sight. The architect was Santiago Calatrava from Zurich, Switzerland. It spans the Sacramento River. It is the centerpiece of Turtle Bay Exploration Park. We are members of the park. It is a fun place for kids and adults. In May the Butterfly house opens. My daughter loves it.

I live in a very beautiful place and I look forward to sharing it with all of you. I am praying that everyone has an great weekend!!

5 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

Never been to Redding (before today, Sunday! Thanks!)... It's a chilly April in OK. Monday morning we're expecting near-freezing temps. You NEVER know here!

Anonymous said...

Oh wow. It looks beautiful. Wish I was there. It's windy and cold here in OK today.

Robin Meadows said...

That's beautiful. I had seen some pictures of it (from Linda), but Redding looks perfectly lovely! Keep showing us! It's still cold (well, 50's and 60's cold) and windy here!!

Heidi said...

Wasn't it gorgeous this weekend. San Diego was in the 90'S awesome. Another day of this beautiful weather.

Love ya!!

Roger Garrett said...

We have waving wheat, beat that LOL

Looking forward to the pics