Sunday, March 9, 2008

Fear & Worry - NOT

I have spent most of my day praying, worshiping and reading scripture. I can feel my Heavenly Father next to me. It is such a huge gift to feel him here. Selfishly, most of my prayer have been about me, for me. I wasted about an hour this morning full of fear and worry. Then I heard Him tell me to stop it, that he is with me and He is going to stay with me. He led me to these two scriptures:

Don't be afraid, for I am with you.
Don't be discouraged, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you.
I will hold you up with my victorious right hand. -Isaiah 41:10


I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me.
He freed me from all my fears.
Those who look to him for help will be radiant with joy;
no shadows of shame will darken their faces. -Psalm 34:4


I think that they pretty much speak for themselves. My fear and worry left me immediately. It left me so fast I almost felt stupid for feeling it in the first place. The feelings that I have now are ones of Joy, Peace and Love!

Our God is a truly AWESOME God. He gives us what we need when we need it. All we have to do is let go of control, give it back to Him and seek Him first for everything. Please if you are worrying or afraid take comfort in the Lord. He wants to be our Abba Father.

7 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

You are right about that. All you have to do is give it to God and then let it go.

Kim Heinecke said...

Lots of posts from people about worry (see Cindy Beall today). Let us (read: me) listen to the wisdom in these words and hand over my concerns before anyone gets hurt. ha/ha

Natalie Witcher said...

Was just going to say what Kim said. Worry is a booger.

Roger Garrett said...

If I am one step ahead of you in the blog world it is only because I am central time. Or I am slacking too much at work :-)

deleise said...

Letting God have control feels so good. Why do we resist it so much!?

Heidi said...

Almost all fear is from NOT knowing, KNOW that you are LOVED TODAY that takes care of one of them anyways :)

Robin Meadows said...

Still praying for you, Theresa. Just KNOW that, ok? You're not alone in this...although satan would have you believe otherwise! Love that we've made this connection!! You are MIGHTY!