Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Countdown Has Started


I am really getting excited! There are only four more weeks until I am on a plane. 28 Days until I land in Oklahoma. Again I am really getting excited!


I need this time away. I am tired. The whole situation with my Father In Law is wearing me out. First the amputation, then the heart attack, then the move back to rehab. I feel blessed that he is still alive. I have been spending more time at the hospital then I have at work. Then when I make it home I have 2 teenagers that seem to miss their mother.

I did get a good laugh the other day at Craig. I was sitting on our bed writing checks for bills. He wanted to know what I was doing. He told me that I had already paid bills. I laughed and informed him that I had paid his father's bills, now I was paying ours.

I would love to tie all this into something spiritual but all I can say is that I am sorry for the lag in blogging. I think that if I spend much more time in the hospital I am going to get a WIFI aircard.

My 13 year old daughter just came in my room and informed me that I have to get up and go to work in the morning. That I should really turn off the lights and go to sleep. I think I will take her advice.

Have a great weekend!!!

SIDENOTE: The President was in our town today. So the California fires that are running on the news that he is looking at are here. Yucky smoke still heavy in the air.

4 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

I am SO looking forward to this!!

Robin Meadows said...

What? You think you're going to get a rest here? :)

deleise said...

Robin's gonna make you pick green beans the whole time.

I heard about the president being there on Air One and thought of you!

Looking forward to your visit!

Anonymous said...

It's okay to have some lag. If we weren't so busy living our lives, what on earth would we blog about?
:)
Enjoy your rest.