Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Uneasy

My Father in Law, Mel, has been moved to a rehab hospital. I know this is a good thing. Him being moved there this quickly is actually a very good thing. He appears to be highly motivated to start his rehab therapy.

When Craig and I went to the center today, I got a really uneasy feeling. There wasn't anything visually out of place there. No patients that looked abused or stranger than normal smells. The place just bothers me.

By the way, not sure if I have ever mentioned that until the last 5 years or so Mel and I preferred to stay away from each other. He is kind of a womanizer and well I am kind of not. :) Just a little history. We have grown on each other the last couple years especially.

I wanted to load up his hospital bed and bring him home right then!! His doctor said that if he gets strong enough to move from the bed to the wheelchair easily that he can come home in 3 weeks instead of 6 weeks. I am praying and motivating him in that direction. I really just want him home.

I am having a really hard time finding my peace right now. I will say that it is amazing what the Lord can do to your heart when you aren't looking. I really do love the old guy. I also give all the glory to God that we didn't lose Mel last week.

6 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

Places like that always seem to feel strange even when they look just fine. I will pray for Mel and the rest of your family

Natalie Witcher said...

Your uneasyness is natural. I hope he recovers quickly.

Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Danielle said...

I hope everything works out ok! Mel is strong and will continue to get stronger through all of this...as will you!

BTW....You look so great in that new pic! :)

Heidi said...

I agree with Natalie, I think the whole situation is making you uneasy. I'm prayin peace over you sis.

Love you girl!!

deleise said...

Praying for you.