Sunday, July 13, 2008

Pool Party

Saturday we celebrated Hope's 13th Birthday which was the 2nd. We had planned a pool party for the end of June but that was the weekend that all the fires started and the air quality was terrible. The fires are still burning but the delta breeze has helped with the air quality. So breathing is a little easier now.

All of Hope's friends showed up. We barbqued hamburgers and hotdog, had lots of chips and soda. Of course we had a birthday cake. My daughter is my mother's child in this area. Hope requested a chocolate cake with chocolate filling and chocolate frosting. I totally thought of Natalie and Kim when we cut it. I passed on the cake.

There was just one thing that really bothered me about the party.....

I blogged about it in May. Only one parent came to the door with their daughter. She was the only parent that I even really know. So all the other parents, mom's included, just pulled up and let their daughters out of the car. Seven girls and I had never met their parents. They didn't even come to the door with phone numbers in case of an emergency.

This is our pool. It is made out of concrete and plaster. There were a bunch girls that were getting rowdy in my concrete pool. What if one of them had cracked their head open when jumping in or some other injury? Amazing to me.

Really....What is going on with today's parents?

9 comments:

deleise said...

I can't imagine why anyone would leave their kid without a way to be reached! Yikes. Glad she had fun. Your pool is beautiful.

Roger Garrett said...

I agree, we had a birthday party for our 5 year old and parents just dumped them off and left. We try to always stay at a party if at all possible.

Natalie Witcher said...

Dang, i woulda been swimming! What's wrong with those moms!

Anonymous said...

I hear you! I have a 16 year old and I am like the biggest freak to her friends because I want to know if parents are home, and if there is numbers where I can reach them..and like you..they just get dropped off and sometime they will get picked up..how wierd!

Anonymous said...

That's why you are one amazing momma.

Robin Meadows said...

Maybe your daughter is such a great reflection of you that those parents have no problem leaving them at your home? Just a thought :)

And your pool is gorgeous!

Heidi said...

I love robin's answer...

Maybe Hope is a reflection of her momma and they trust in that.

Parents are different.

Love you tgirl.
really do!!

Anonymous said...

I'm with you. Last week my son had a friend of his spend the night. Two days later a stranger's voice on my voice mail says that her son hasn't been home in three days (yup, same kid). He was away from home for three days, staying with friends ne'er even a phone call to his worried mom. How sad for her. How sad for him.

Anonymous said...

Very strange, but alot of parents are like that. I would want to know the parents or something...