Thursday, July 10, 2008

Insecurity

I thought I would share a shortcoming of mine with you. I have always been insecure. I have always worried about making other people happy, doing the right thing and being liked.

I get nervous when I am meeting new people. That cracks up my friend Leslie because she says I am really out going and easy to talk too. I of course want people to like me and worry that I am not good enough. Things have changed over the years. I don't get as tramatized as I use too. I have been known to sit in my car and talk to God for a long time before going into a gathering though.

I know that He doesn't want me to live this way. I also know that He loves me and that supercedes everybody else's opinion. I don't want insecurity to define me anymore. I have been studying Who I Am In Christ for awhile now and INSECURE isn't on the list. If you suffer from insecurity, I totally know how you feel! Here is just one of the many scripture that tells us we are important to God. If you need more don't hesitate to ask. I have them.


How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
I can't even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me. - Psalm 139:17-18



Tell me that isn't awesome scripture....When I wake up you are still with me! Amen

Hope everybody has a blessed weekend!

3 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

Funny how easy it is to say things on a blog over saying it in person. No need for insecurity with this bunch :-)

Kim Heinecke said...

I do not know ONE woman who hasn't struggled with this...I fight it off all.the.time.

Don't bite the hook, sister. You are NOT the sum total of other people's opinions!! :)

Anonymous said...

Isn't that just one of the worst? I struggle with that as well. Better now than I used to be.
That is an amazing scripture you shared. Thank you, it is a much needed reminder.