Monday, August 11, 2008

New Address Book


I had to get a new address book. My old one is falling apart. I usually need a new one every 5 years or so. I thought this would be a good time to get one. I am hoping to be adding a few Oklahoma people to it at the end of the week.

The worst and best part of a new address book is writing in all your contacts. You get to clean up the ones that have moved 5 times since your last new book. Even when you write in pencil, there will be a time when all you can find is a pen to make a quick change with. There is a scratched out number here and an erased number there.

I also usually find that some people don't get moved into the new book. I wonder why that is. How did I lose touch with that person? Where did that person go? Why don't I talk with that person anymore? Why did they chose that lifestyle? It bothers me so much that I keep every one of my old address books. Sometimes I even reference back to them if I really want to try and find someone.

Am I the only one that this happens too?
Do you find people in your address book that you may have forgotten about or can't find?
Do you keep your old Address Books?

7 comments:

Roger Garrett said...

all in my phone if it croaks I am in trouble

Heidi said...

my address book is electronic too.
if I crash.. Oh my gosh.

I don't dwell why people don't talk to me.. why?? God brings fresh faces in everyday.

Love you Ms. T

Sarah Markley said...

yes i keep them. and yes i love new ones...=)

Vikki said...

I don't have an address book...I used to many many many moons ago. It's still around somewhere.

All my contacts are in my phone and I am TOAST if anything happens to it!! I once deleted my entire calendar off my phone with the click of one button...oh what a nightmare!

Kim Heinecke said...

I'm the worst at putting addresses in one place. I usually call a friend I know I can count on to do it for me. HA.

Beloved of the Lord said...

I am not good at keeping up with my address book-- I think I've had the same one for like 10 years.

Thanks so much for your encouraging comments-- you are a blessing!!!

Robin Meadows said...

I had them all in a computer...that crashed a few years ago. Then I got them together again for Katie's wedding...still in a computer.

I think you're on to something!

Pen and paper? What a novel idea!!:)