Friday, August 22, 2008

A Special Gift

Have you ever received a special gift? A gift that was unexpected? A gift that you may not have wanted to tell anybody about because you didn't want to share? Have you ever received a gift that you were grateful for but very protective of?

I received a special gift this last week. The gift of Friendship, Unconditional Love and the Gift of being Welcomed into a tight knit community. I have selfishly been keeping this experience to myself. I have been dwelling on the individual details of it daily with the Lord. I have been praying about it, praising the Lord for making it possible and in a way fighting the enemy for making my REAL life seem so hard upon my return.

It is amazing how much a 4 day trip can change your perspective. It is amazing how little time it takes to have "If Only" feelings. I am going to spend the weekend getting the details of my trip down in posts. From Deleise's amazing chocolate desserts, a 3 hour tea party, Natalie and Kim are they really as close as it seems, stray horses in the yard, 5 year old's wanting to know why I am still at Mimi's house and all the other wonderful things I experienced. I really just needed to be selfish with the beautiful peaceful memories for awhile. It truly was like going home.

If there are any questions that you want answered ask and I will respond. Thanks for your patience. I like totally way appreciate it. (my CA talk is coming back alla y'all) Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

Robin Meadows said...

We just want to know if you had a good time :)

Miss you!

Theresa said...

I HAD THE BEST TIME EVER!!!!!

ALL OF THE PEOPLE I MET WERE AMAZING!!

I CAN'T WAIT TO TELL YOU SOME OF THE EXPERIENCES I HAD!

BTW...THESE WOMEN ARE MARRIED TO AMAZING MEN TOO. IT WAS A BLESSING TO SEE THESE RELATIONSHIPS, PARTNERSHIPS AND COPARENTS.

I WAS WEEPY ON THE PLANE AND THE GENTLEMAN NEXT TO ME ASKED IF I WAS OK...ALL I COULD SAY WAS THAT I LEFT A PART OF MY HEART IN OK. HE SMILED SAID THAT HIS FAMILY LIVES THERE AND HE WAS LEAVING ON BUSINESS. HE KNEW WHAT I FELT.

I KNOW I AM A SAP!

Roger Garrett said...

Nothing like God's country to change you forever :-)

Heidi said...

i can't wait!!

Nicole Knox said...

It was so nice meeting you! Thanks for your sweet words it means a lot=)

Kim Heinecke said...

It really was a weekend I won't soon forget.

Anonymous said...

Friendships are precious, and so are you.

Anonymous said...

I love you.

deleise said...

It was an amazing weekend!

Natalie Witcher said...

Glad you had fun here! I'm reading the other posts...be right back.