Thursday, August 14, 2008

Welcome to Oklahoma

Today I flew to Oklahoma. I got up at 4:30 in the morning. Craig drove me to Saramento, about 2 1/2 hours.

I checked my bag at the curb and headed to the security checkpoint. I saw all the signs about how I can't travel with guns and knifes or fluids. I never saw the sign that said I had to take my laptop out of the case and have it scanned seperately. I am a novice laptop traveler. Thankfully the guys were really nice and we all laughed. I did enjoy the fact that for the hour I had to wait that I had free airport supplied WIFI. It made the time go by faster and I had fun chatting and twittering. I boarded the plane and was off.

We arrived in Phoenix where I had to change planes. I had an hour lay over and again free WIFI. I must admit that I thought Phoenix was not very attractive. I was excited to get out of there! It was an easy flight to OKC! We even landed a little early.

Robin and Dirk picked me up. YAY!! They were there. Robin is just as cute in person as she is on her blog!!. Dirk carried my super heavy suitcase for me! Then we were on our way to the Many Meadows. We did stop at Sonic and got something to drink. I have never heard of a chocolate Dr. Pepper.

Many Meadows is beautiful. It is green. It is family! It is lived in! There is tons of LOVE Here. I felt more welcome then you could imagine. My room is beautiful and I had the nicest Welcome Basket from the Girls!!

There was an amazing Thunder and Lightning Storm tonight!!!

I do feel very welcome in Oklahoma!! Can't wait to see more!

10 comments:

deleise said...

Can't wait to see you tonight!

Roger Garrett said...

welcome, glad you made it safe. See you tonight

A Journal for L and J said...

Hi,
Thanks for the update! I don't want to say "too" much since I don't know anyone on this site=)!! Have fun tonight!!
Miss you already.

Kim Heinecke said...

looking forward to seeing you tonight!

Abbi said...

Looking forward to meeting you! Hope we get the chance. Will you and the other bloggers actually TALK at the party tonight, or just link up your laptops and send IMs? ;)

Robin Meadows said...

haha...I'm reading this in the living room and you're in the other room!! Glad you're here! Glad you're enjoying it!! ;)

mandy said...

tell us more tell us more!!!

Anonymous said...

Okay, you must have some fork stories or something to tell us about. Come on, don't keep us in suspence. :)

Heidi said...

cmon....more more more!!!!

Natalie Witcher said...

Loved every minute!