Thursday, May 22, 2008

Country Organics

About 3 years ago I was leaving my house in the middle of the day. This was strange for me because I was usually at work. As I was backing out a my driveway I noticed this guy coming out of my neighbors garage. I didn't recognize him so I asked him if I could help him with anything. He said that every week he delivered fresh organic produce to my neighbors. That sounded interesting to me so I asked him for some information.

I am not like most women. I really am not that fond of shopping. Grocery shopping is my least favorite. The produce aisle is my very least favorite. So while most people that sign up for this service do so because it is organic. I signed up because I would no longer have to set foot into the produce department.

Soon after I started receiving my box the owners sold. The new owners have since become really good friends of mine. They have 4 beautiful children. They are a wonderful Christ following family. They home school their beautiful children. They pray for me all the time. I love them. So if you want to check out their services head on over to their website Country Organics.

For you out of towners, Do you have anything like this in your home town?

4 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

Interesting...

We have the guy in the white van who shows up and says he trying to sell steaks. Um, no thank you, Mr. Shady Guy in a White Van...

CA is probably cooler when it comes to things like you described!

deleise said...

We are part of a fruits and veggie co-op. It's not organic, but every two weeks we get a big box of mixed fruits and veggies. It has caused me to try some things I probably wouldn't have, like Kale. I love Kale.

Mr. Shady Guy in a White Van comes to my house, too. I can think of about 312 reasons why it is not a good idea to buy my meat out of his van.

Anonymous said...

Reason #308- It's likely not meat.

You totally had me when you admitted that it wasn't the organic, but the ease you were going for. I see why we're friends. :)

Amy said...

That was me, by the way. My new link won't work. Or I can't work it.