Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Scooter aka Proof My Husband is a Sucker

My husband's name is Craig. He is a wonderful husband and a great father. He is the kind of man that deposits his whole paycheck in the bank, comes straight home from work and spend tons of time with his family. He loves sports both to play and watch. He is a neat freak and wants his yard and home to look a certain way. He isn't vain or conceited. He would never ask anybody to do something that he wouldn't do himself, except for childbirth.

Craig works very hard. He is a maintenance supervisor for a man who owns a few mobile home parks. One aspect of his job is to trap feral and abandoned animal that are lose in the parks. My husband has never had a problem with this part of his job. He takes animals weekly to animal control. He says it sucks but there is nothing he can do about it. I did a post awhile back about my pound puppy. Midas is just one of our pets. We are animal lovers but are realistic as to how many we can have. So we have 2 dogs, 1 cat and 1 yellow spotted geikko. Until Monday night that is.

My husband came home with Scooter. As you can see from the picture above she has had no problems adjusting to life here. My husband is a dog person so imagine my surprise when he came home with this sweet cat. She really is precious. The part of the story that cracks me up the most is that appearantly he has had her hidden in his shop at work for a week trying to find out where she came from. He disarmed the motion detectors in his shop so that she wouldn't set off the alarm.

Meet Scooter living proof that my husband is a sucker, I mean softy!!!


Side Note--Kim the roller coasters were great!!!!

5 comments:

deleise said...

That is so sweet! She looks very happy to be there.

Roger Garrett said...

Good to see your back, missed your posts. I have a really hard time having a soft spot for cats

Anonymous said...

I think I might like a cat. That's it. I might just like it.

Kim Heinecke said...

1. My husband is a neat-nik and I like it.
2. I do not, however, have an affection for pets, but if HE brought one home, I'd probably learn to live with it!

Robin Meadows said...

Dirk has a cat...none of the rest of us will claim her. She is relegated to the outside! But, Scooter looks much sweeter than Dirk's Jasmine. ; )