Thursday, May 29, 2008

OK God, I Hear You!!!

I started developing at an early age. I was the only girl in the 5th grade to wear a bra. A real bra, not a trainer(Sorry Guys). By the time I was in the 7th grade I was the same cup size that I am now. It hasn't mattered if I have been 150 lbs or 230 lbs they are the same size.

Needless to say my chest area has always been of interest to the opposite sex. I am no Dolly Parton but they can be hard to miss. Once in a while I purchase a shirt that the neckline is a little low or after washing it just isn't right. I don't think that they quality control necklines on shirts from Bangladesh. I think we should have a massive recall!! I'm sorry let me get to the point.

I have a white shirt. It is a fairly recent purchase. It is actually the one I am wearing in the picture a couple posts back. It is a V-Neck with embroidery around the neckline. I really like that shirt. I love white shirts and I prefer a V-Neck. I wore that shirt to work today. I was going about my morning, doing payroll and I kept looking down. And can you guess what I kept seeing???? I kept seeing all the way down my shirt to my lap. then I would hear someone whisper in my ear... Do you really want everybody to see all of you? Then I would do so some more of my task and I would look down and see the same thing and hear the voice tell me that I need a camisole. This went on all morning.

I get off at noon on Thursdays and I came home and had lunch with my husband. He though I was crazy when I told him what I had kept hearing. Then I came in the bedroom and put on a camisole and he realized that my shirt was really low cut.

I remember that I read a blog recently about modesty and covering up. I think it was on Natalie's or Cindy's but I couldn't find it when I looked for it.

I know the voice was God. He was reminding me that I am his child and he really would appreciate it if his children didn't dress that way. Just the same way I patrol Hope when she goes out.

OK God, I Hear You!!!!! Thanks for loving me and caring about me!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He'll get your attention, won't He?

Robin Meadows said...

Yeah, He's good...and faithful. I just need to listen better!

Natalie Witcher said...

I'm always trying to hide my "girls"

Anonymous said...

Just wait a few years, Theresa, you'll be able to tuck them into your belt. :)

Vikki said...

I have em, but they aint huge. However, last spring I was riding the bus home from work and felt like God totally sucker-punched me in the gut with conviction regarding how we women dress. I'm a pretty modest dresser since I had my son, but in my teens...WHOOA-GIRL, I flaunted myself shamelessly.

I just really felt God impressing on my heart that all men are our brothers and we have no right to cause them to stumble.

It was very powerful!

Amy said...

I had the same thing happen to me. In church of all places! I wound up spending the rest of the service in the car to avoid being seen.