Thursday, May 1, 2008

The Old and The New - Friday Outings

When you read people’s blogs you find out things about people. I posted about how one of my favorite things to do was to go to concerts. Kim responded and told me that she liked cemeteries. Kim this post is for you!

I took pictures of the oldest cemetery in Old Shasta. Most of the deaths were in the 1850s-1880s. We did find one gentleman that passed away in the early 1900s. As you can see from the pictures there is no greens keeper. All the vegetation is allowed to grow grow grow. The second set of pictures is the Northern California Veteran’s Cemetery. My Mother in Law is buried there and my Father in Law will be also. It opened just a couple of years ago. It is so peaceful and beautiful there.

Kim I really want you to enjoy these pictures!









I also want to thank you all for making me feel welcome. I can't wait to see and meet you all. Have a Blessed Weekend!!!

4 comments:

Kim Heinecke said...

THANK YOU! I really do love them. I have WAY too many pictures of cemeteries in which I don't know anyone.

They are just beautiful! And I love thinking that for each headstone, there is a family full of stories, joys, hurts and memories...and then I think how weird it is that my world will most likely never intersect with theirs. GREAT post today. ;)

Anonymous said...

I feel better now. People used to think I was a bit odd because I love cemeteries and reading headstones. I'm glad to be counted along with Kim. Thanks for the pics, Theresa.

Roger Garrett said...

that was very cool

Robin Meadows said...

Great photos!